Saturday, 18 January 2014

Afternoon Tea at The Windsor Arms Hotel


Oh afternoon tea…I can honestly say that you are one of my most favourite things ever. There’s just something about meeting up with my girlfriends over a pot of steaming hot tea and a serving tray full of delicious baked goodies that brings out a feeling of instant happiness. Now I’ll be honest, when it comes to afternoon tea, I’ve yet to indulge in one that I haven’t enjoyed. BUT, I definitely do have my absolute favourites of all time (stay tuned to future blogs for the other!).
The Windsor Arms Hotel in Toronto, Ontario is a gorgeous, cozy, historic hotel steps from the glamourous Bloor/Yorkville shopping district. While it may be difficult to think of a hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto as ‘cozy’, the moment you step through the doors of this beautiful boutique hotel, you feel transported back to the glamour of the 1920’s. The hotel is refreshingly on the smaller side in terms of guest rooms, which makes the whole location seem intimate and inviting.
My most recent outing to the Windsor Arms was to treat my mother to afternoon tea to celebrate a special occasion. The hotel offers a choice of rooms for tea, and we were seated in the elegant purple room, complete with crackling fire, regal furnishings and gorgeously set tables. They offer a wide selection of teas and after a lot of back and forth, we decided on our selections. Tibetan Tiger for myself (organic rooibos and black tea with chocolate bits and vanilla), and Chai Arms for my mom (organic black tea flavoured with cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger and pepper). We sat back and took in the sites of the gorgeous room while we waited. We were soon presented with our personal pots of tea and our beautiful tray of sandwiches, scones and sweets. The assortment of offerings was amazing and we definitely did not leave hungry. From sandwiches such as smoked salmon with wasabi sour cream and salmon caviar, grilled chicken with apple mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and chives, to savoury tarts, fresh baked scones with cream and jam, and a selection of amazing baked goods, the quality and flavour of everything we tried was truly gourmet and delicious.
The Windsor Arms is truly a ‘must visit’ for anyone as obsessed with afternoon tea as I am. It’s incredibly popular so make sure to book reservations well in advance. I’ve promised several friends that I’ll take them there for a girl’s day out, and I can’t wait to experience this incredible culinary afternoon tea once again.


Have you visited an amazing cozy escape that you’d like to recommend? Send us an e-mail and let us know! We’re always looking for new places to visit. cozyescapes@outlook.com

Visit us on Twitter @cozyescapes for updates on new blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment